« For us in Siem Offshore sustainability means meeting our own needs, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.»
Siem Offshore´s business model is based on a commitment to carry out our activities in an efficient and responsible manner for the long- term benefit of our shareholders and society. We support the United Nations (UNs) Sustainable Development Goals and the UN Global Compact’s Principles on human rights, labour standard, environment and anti- corruption.
We remain committed to minimizing the impact of our activities on the natural environment everywhere we operate. Protection of the environment is an essential element of operational planning and execution. Our long-term targets and global improvement plan is to:
- Minimize impact on the natural environment
- Promote energy efficiency
- Reduce carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emissions
- Prevent unnecessary waste
- Prepare for future challenges and opportunities through industry collaboration and leadership.
Download the ESG report for 2020 here.
- Shore power system is installed on several vessels.
- Battery installations installed or planned in several vessels
- We reduce fuel consumption by equipping our vessels with state of the art Høglund Ship Performance system in combination with Maress digital software.
- Ongoing project cleaning of hull and propeller blades using ROV
- We participate in SINTEF´s project for future Shore Power systems in ports.
- Annual FO-campaigns giving high involvment and competition among crew.
Fuel optimalisation Campaign 2020
- 442 tons of fuel saved
- 344.733 USD saved
- 2139 tons of CO2 emission saved
- 30,8 tons of Nox emission saved
We actively work towards reducing the use and disposal of plastic bottles and plastic on the vessels, replacing plastic bottles with thermo bottles and water dispensers on the vessels. Vendors use less wrapping on the pallets.
We have a continious focus on reducing food waste aboard our vessels.
Siem Offshore ensures that vessels are demolished and recycled in accordance with internationally accepted green recycling regulations, practices and procedures. This includes IMO Guidelines on ship recycling, the Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships 2009, EU Regulation NO 1257/2013 regarding Ship Recycling.
Siem Offshore observes fair employment practices in every aspect of its business. The company is committed to providing equal opportunity and fair treatment to all individuals on the basis of merit, without discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, age, disability or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
All our employees have the freedom of organization
All employeees have the obligation to stop or delay activities that may place him/her or others at risk of being injured. Employees and subcontractor working for Siem Offshore have a duty to comply with HSEQ policy and are accountable for their individual performance, and the performance of those working under our supervision. By doing so, we will continuously develop our HSEQ culture and performance.
Siem Offshore has a policy of zero tolerance for corruption. All our employees must refrain from using improper influence on any individual or entity. Due to the international nature of our business, we are subject to several anti-corruption laws.
Siem Offshore has zero tolerance to modern slavery, and has effective systems to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place in our business or supply chains.